Depending on your current health insurance provider or employee benefit plan, it is possible for services to be covered in full or in part. Please contact your provider to verify how your plan compensates you for psychotherapy services.
I’d recommend asking these questions to your insurance provider to help determine your benefits:
- Does my health insurance plan include mental health benefits?
- Do I have a deductible? If so, what is it and have I met it yet?
- Does my plan limit how many sessions per calendar year I can have? If so, what is the limit?
- Do I need written approval from my primary care physician in order for services to be covered?
Currently I am paneled with the following insurance companies:
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Optum / United Behavioral Health
If your plan is not listed here, contact me as I may accept it.
In addition, I also work on a “fee-for-service” sliding scale basis depending on financial need.
I accept cash, check, and all major credit cards as forms of payment. If you are utilizing out of network benefits, I can provide an invoice at the end of each month which you can submit to your health insurance company for reimbursement.
If you cannot keep an appointment, please notify the office at least 24 hours in advance so that we can schedule another client for the time that has been reserved for you. Unless we are able to reschedule with shorter notice, you will be charged at the rate of $75 for appointments missed without notice, or canceled with less than 24-hour notice.
Any Other Questions
Please contact me for any additional questions you may have. I look forward to hearing from you!