Associate Therapist, Psychologist in Training (She/Her/Hers)
Mental health can affect several aspects of our lives beyond how we think and feel. Our physical health, social relationships, jobs, school, work, and everything in between can all be influenced by our mental health! I help people who feel stuck in their thoughts, feelings, or behaviors and wish they could break out of their unhelpful patterns. A little about me: New to the Philadelphia area, I have my Master’s degree in Counseling and Clinical Health Psychology, and am currently working on my Doctorate in Clinical Psychology from Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine.
As a clinician, I served in a community mental health outpatient setting treating folks of diverse ages, backgrounds, genders, diagnoses, and life perspectives. I have also conducted extensive research on the usefulness of mindfulness techniques both in treatment and in our everyday lives. I believe that you are ultimately the expert of your own life, so I take a very person-centered approach in my treatment to help people become their most authentic selves and reach their goals – however that looks for them! I know from nearly a decade of psychology education and my own path to wellness that progress does not happen alone or overnight. That’s why I support my clients in their process – wherever they’re starting from – and provide tools tailored specifically to them for long-term change. I believe being our authentic selves can change the world. I encourage you to reach out or schedule an appointment with me today!
My therapeutic approaches are:
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Crisis Prevention Intervention
- Psychologist in Training
- Anna is currently working under the direct supervision of Dr. Christina Wohleber, Licensed Psychologist, to increase her areas of expertise in treatment for complex trauma, mood disorders, and working with the LGBTQ+ population among other skills.
- American Psychological Association
- Pennsylvania Psychological Association