Associate Therapist (He/Him)
No matter what background we come from life tends to bring its own suffering and difficulties. I view therapy as a place where challenges and painful emotions can be confronted in a safe and caring environment. My personality is very warm and empathetic, and I aim to provide a place where clients feel heard and listened to. I view clients as being the author of their own lives. Thus, I aim to be collaborative and to help you come up with goals that are important and meaningful to you. My style is action oriented, and I aim to try to push clients out of their comfort zones. Finally, I myself have seen the value and power that mindfulness has had on my own life and so I try to incorporate it as well into therapy.
After completing my undergraduate degree at Penn State, I spent two years performing wrap around care in the Philadelphia metropolitan area shadowing children with disabilities. I then went on to receive my masters from Xavier University in clinical psychology. At Xavier, I worked in a variety of settings including a college psychological services center, a residential treatment facility for youthful offenders, and a primary care medical facility. At these locations I have worked with clients on a variety of different issues including relationship struggles, school difficulties, social anxiety, obsessive thoughts, gang violence, traumatic experiences, and self-harm. I try to always pay attention to the larger social structure and environmental factors that have shaped and influenced my clients’ lives.
When not working, my hobbies include reading, watching artsy movies, cheering on Philadelphia sports teams, and playing tennis. I hope that I can assist you, in any way, towards reaching your goals and living a valued and loved life. Please reach out if you have any questions!
My therapeutic approaches are:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Acceptance and commitment Therapy
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Trauma focused approaches
- PESI Telehealth Certification
- Cognitive Processing Therapy: An Evidence-Based Approach to Treat PTSD and Related Conditions
- Working towards licensure as an LPC
- Max is currently working under Dr. Christina Wohleber where he is receiving direct supervision to continue gaining experience providing treatment to LGBTQ+individuals, lower income individuals, and patients with various mood and anxiety disorders.
- Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies